My Favorite Way to Make Hot Chocolate for Everyday Drinking
I’m not a coffee drinker, but I am a hot chocolate drinker. In fact, if I need to drink something to wake myself up, drink something hot, or a pick me up in the middle of the day, I usually drink hot chocolate instead of coffee. Because of this, the way I like to drink hot chocolate is different than the way many people do.
Since it’s the season for hot chocolate, I wanted to share my favorite way of making hot chocolate for everyday drinking. Since I use hot chocolate as an alternative for coffee, I usually don’t use a lot of common ingredients in hot chocolate such as whipped cream or marshmallows. Yet, if anyone wants to try it, here’s my way of making my favorite hot drink.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Starbucks Hot Coco Mix in the Classic flavor
- Godiva Dark Chocolate Hot Coco Mix
- A 10 fl oz (295 ml) microwavable mug (It can be a larger mug, but it must be microwavable)
- Milk (I usually use whole milk, but other versions of milk can work)
- A Tablespoon
- A microwave
Here’s how to make it…
- Pour milk into the mug. I like to pour enough milk until you reach a half an inch from the lip of the mug.
- Microwave the milk in the mug for one minute on medium power.
- Once the milk is done in the microwave, remove the mug from the microwave. The mug will be hot, so make sure to use hot pads when touching the mug.
- Using the Tablespoon, scoop of the Starbucks Hot Coco mix and put it into the milk. Do the exact same thing for the Godiva Hot Coco mix. Leveling the mixes after scooping with a spoon is not needed, but if you would like to level the mixes you can.
- Stir the two mixes together until the are combined and are incorporated into the milk.
- Make sure the mix is cool enough to drink, then enjoy!
The recipe makes one cup of drink for a 10 fluid ounce (295 milliters) mug. I like to put more mix into the mug than can dissolve into the cup, causing there to be some undissolved mixture to gather at the bottom of the mug. If this happens and you do not want it to, you can use a larger mug and follow the instructions for pouring the milk into it or use half a Tablespoon of each mix instead of a whole Tablespoon.
Well, that’s all for now! Thank you for reading!