It’s that time of the year when there are parties to go to, which means there are Holiday dresses in the stores! I normally do not need to wear a nice dress for a party, but I still like to look at them and think about if I’d like to wear them or not and where I’d wear them at. Since I have so many dresses I like, I wanted to talk about the dresses trends I’ve found that I really like and why I like them so much.
Velvet and Velour
Velvet and velour are very popular this year, and I really love it. I was hoping to find dresses for the holidays would be made out of velvet or velour that I would like, and I did! It makes me wish I had somewhere to go so I could buy one and wear it out!
- Belle Badgley Mischka Sharlene Velvet Dress- $149.00
- Antonio Melani Rebel Velvet Mock Neck Sheath Dress- $149.00
- Gianni Bini Judy Velvet Ruffle Deep-V Neck Dress- $129.00
Off the Shoulder
I like the off the shoulder trend and the way it looks in this year’s holiday dresses, but I don’t like how it can limit arm movement. Despite this, I found some dresses that I like the look of and would love to wear if I didn’t need to raise my arms.
- Alex Evenings Off-the-Shoulder Matte Jersey Gown- $219.00
- Gianni Bini Zoe Confetti Sequin Off the Shoulder Dress- $179.00
- Antonio Melani Hari Embroidered Lace Mesh Off The Shoulder Fit and Flare Dress- $179.00
I love the statement sleeve trend a lot, and to see them in holiday dresses this year makes me super happy!
- Belle Badgley Mischka Amelia Brocade Bell Sleeve Dress- $249.00
- Belle Badgley Mischka Wynette Bell Sleeve Cocktail Dress- $199.00
- Antonio Melani Sabo Off the Shoulder Bell Sleeve Sequin Dress- $159.00
I normally don’t like cold shoulder sleeves on formal dress. I’m not sure why I don’t like the cold shoulder so much, but I think it’s because some cold shoulder dresses limit the amount of arm movement. This year the cold shoulder is a very popular look like it was last year, but, much to my surprise, I like some of the holiday dresses cold shoulders because they look like they will not limit arm movement.
- Vince Camuto Ruffle Bell Sleeve Cold Shoulder Dress- $119.00
- R&M Richards Cold-Shouldered Beaded-Trim Sweetheart Neckline- $110.00
- Antonio Melani Leland Cold Shoulder Dress- $159.00
I saw the high-low skirt on holiday dresses last year and loved them. They’re back this year!
- Nicole Miller New York Soutache Satin Hi-Low Gown- $258.00
- Calvin Klein Taffeta Tulip Hi-Low Dress- $278.00
- Adrianna Papell Hi-Low Sleeveless Taffeta Gown- $199.00
My favorite neckline is the halter neckline and I’m so happy the holiday dresses have it again this year!
- Adrianna Papell Sequin Beaded Halter Gown- $359.00
- Eliza J Bow Neck Ball Gown- $238.00
- Calvin Klein Beaded-Neck Draped Ruffle Front Dress- $188.00
Pleats or Gathers Around the Waist
Pleats or gathers around the waist are always helpful to anyone who is self conscious of their stomach area.
- Calvin Klein Metallic Ruched Dress- $168.00
- Alex Evenings 3/4-Sleeve Ruched Velvet Dress- $149.00
- Alex Evenings Embellished Keyhole Ruched Waist Gown- $149.00
Sequins and Beading
I know sequins and beading is always popular during the Holidays, but I wanted to include it in this list anyway.
This year, I found many sequin dresses that I really liked, but the ones that caught my eye the most are dresses with beading and sequins in geometric, art deco inspired designs. These kinds of holiday dresses were popular a few years ago, but they looked more 1920’s in style while this year’s dresses are more modern.
- Mon Cheri V-Neck Crystal Beaded Gown- $828.00
- Gianni Bini Salma Fully Sequin Beaded Dress- $229.00
- Gianni Bini Kim Geometric Sequin Dress- $229.00
That’s all for now! Thank you for reading!